03 Juni 2009

Going to Montepulciano - 1st impressions - becoming an Extra













27.05.2009


I started early in the morning to pick up my rent car. - I was allready nervous. Depature in Florence at 10 am with a Renault Megan, my Tomtom and 2 big roadmaps and no idea what expected me in Montepulciano.



I arrived there at 11.40 (and for me it was like I was driving for hours) - big fights for parking spaces started but at least I won.




It was damned hot and all the streets were full with girls and red flags.




So I had no idea where to go, I followed the noise and the girls and finally arrived at the "Fortezza" with my "equipment" (netbook, mobile, camera, water and sweets).



Most of the streets were closed - unfortunatelly.





A few minutes after 12am a black limousine, surrounded by securitymen arrived in the open alley and the screaming started.






Tried to make a picture, but the window was too dark and I only got a picture of Roberts knees ;-)



At least something and for only a few minutes being there not so bad.





Then happened nothing for a while and by luck I met a few girls, which I "knew" from Twitter. And also a nice woman with her daughter from America who lives now in Pisa .












We waited together in front of the "Fortezza" but nothing happened - but it was getting hotter with every minute and I ran out of water.



"Extras" wearing red, hot-looking capes came up the street and walked into the "Fortezza".









We decided to go for lunch together.


Around 4pm we arrived back at the "Fortezza" but most of the girls were gone and so we decided to change our place.





We were looking for a free way to the "Piazza Grande" and finally found one. Vampirefreak101 was our leader....thanks for that.







Got a short glimps of "Extras", wearing red capes in different shades, sitting down and standing up again.


Then suddenly we heard shouting and it was easy to know WHY they were shouting - Rob


Then again nothing. People were leaving.


We also decided to leave in the next few minutes as suddenly a black Mercedes Benz appeared in our alley and drove down.




To our big surprise Kristen Steward was in it - but no picture because it happened so fast. She was sitting in the back.





She passed with her car only 1m away.







And again a few minutes later another black car appeared.

Everybody was so surprised that nobody started shouting and who is in THIS car???

Our loved ROBERT PATTINSON in his "Edward-Style"

He was also surprised because nobody screamed and looked out the window in our direction.

He was wearing a nearly white or light blue shirt and dark sunglasses.


I started shivering and .... can´t even breath.



At 7pm the "Piazza Grande" was opened for everyone and the girls were rushing in.


I took pictures by myself. Every building is decorated with red flags and the fountain is still situated on the "Piazza".

The statue for the parade stood unprotected under a little roof and I took of course a picture of that.






We also checked the main hall but except some flags and other things which were used in the film we didn´t find interesting things.





After we had finished our "investigations" on the "Piazza Grande" we immediately went to the coffee....



We got a tip concerning the coffee which is near the "Piazza Grande". The filming crew allowed people to stay there during filming, when you have a seat.


This information was given to Marystat by friends from America (sorry I can´t remember your names)


So we tried to get more information and finally we got what we were searching for.

The staff of the coffee told us that the seats were blocked at 4am this morning.


Around 8pm I drove with Marystat and Vampirefreak101 to Chianciano and had dinner there - good thing that at least I had a car. Now it started to rain.






We made plans for the night and finally decided to go to the coffee early in the morning.


After that I drove back to Montepulciano and was searching my farmhouse. At least it stopped raining.



Arrived at the agrotourismo at 11.30pm because I missed the entrance several times (but it was really a small entrance and not signed - that´s right, or what do you think Marystat???)and went straight to bed. - MIDNIGHT







28.05.2009

Alarm wrang at 2am - so 2hours sleep and I was nervous.



Picked up Marystat and Vampirefreak101 - after police control on my way to Chianciano (now I know why people are always pissed off when I check them ;-).


We arrived at 02.50am in Montepulciano and at 3am at the coffee. We were the 1st ones there, except the officers who were there to guard the fountain.



It was a clear night with stars and at first it wasn ´t cold, but then the "morning wind" started and everyone began to freeze.

After a while more and more girls arrived and blocked seats. People who weren´t able to crap a seat were not allowed in the coffee.





Even we were blocking seats for our American friends. They arrived around 5 o´clock.






We had a short breakfast with WARM tea/coffee and a cornetto because it was really getting cold.



Around 8am rumours were spreading around that maybe more "Extras" will be needed.

A few minutes later a guy of the filming crew appeared and announced that they were searching "Extras" for the film.

We decided to give up our seats and start to try.

The best thing was that I had my passport in my bag....



When we arrived at the "Fortezza" they told us that they were searching for "older looking people".





That was the 1st time in my life that I was glad for looking old.





8 out of around 20 girls were taken and nearly Marystat was dismissed because she only had her driving license with her.

The staff said that on a driving license there is no adress mentioned and I tried to explain them that also in an Austrian passport is no adress so it wouldn´t make any difference.

Furthermore I told them that I would leave when Marystat is not taken and so we both got in.



Unfortunatelly Vampirefreak101 was not taken :-( but at least the Securtiy brought them back to the coffee.

But Marystat and I had an uncomfortable feeling.........



Marystat and I had to fill out a form (no idea what we signed because it was written in Italian) and give them our documents. After that we got our "Entrance card=FE=Free Extra" and were brought to the wardrobe where we got our capes and shirts and had to give away our mobiles and cameras.




I got a red shirt because the white one I was wearing was too light.





If we had an Italian financial card (Codice Fiscale) we even would be payed - but we had´t.





After a while we were brought to the "Piazza Grande" and I saw Kristens and Roberts Stunt double for the 1st time.


I also saw Chris Weitz and after a few minutes Kristen (with Ipod, wearing blue jeans and a green blouse) appeared in the crowd.


Marystat and I were standing behind the crowd and watched the scene. Then suddenly somebody walked by behind us and then we recognized that Kristen was walking only 1 meter away from Marystat.





They were now shooting the running scene of Bella through the crowd to save Edward.

After that we decided to go to the right side of the "Piazza Grande" where Robert had to appear a while later.


For the next shooting I was placed in front of the church on the right side in one line with the side entrance. Marystat was placed on the stairs.


We were told to put on the hoods and look straight at the statue.





Meanwhile the film crew arranged different lighting options with both stunt doubles at the entrance of the main hall.






Then suddenly Robert and Kristen were walking down the alley from their hotel.


Kristen wore the same clothes.


Robert wore black jeans, blue shirt and dark sunglasses.


He had allready his "Edward make-up" on.





For a few minutes both sat down on the stairs at the main entrance, then Robert disappeared. But before he left he put on his "Edwardsmile" and tousled his hair.


Then we were shooting the church parade again and we were especially reminded to look at the parade.

But I can´t help myself and took a glimps and what I saw made me breathless.

Rob was standing in the entrance - shirtless.

I nearly fainted..........

To involve my sister lili (thanks for the hint) I have to use the word "mouthwatering" - and that´s true



Then I saw Kristen running towards to Robert and jumping at him. He nearly tumbled over and was protected at his back.


Kristen was shouting "No, Edward, don´t"

Then he first pushed her away and craped her shirt angrily.


- My knees were getting weaker -





We made this shoot a several times.


The next time I also saw THE kiss and finally I overheard most of the dialogue. Marystat saw the 1st kiss... *gruml*





And all the time Robert stood only a few meters away from us - SHIRTLESS.

Before lunchbreak all "Extras" had to go to the stairs and wait.

A slimy looking "important" guy of the staff of the Italian Crew (who was looking for a date...) told us that he had asked Robert to come out for a short moment to greet us because people came from far away and so on.


Furhtermore he told us that Rob refused to because of "problems" with the American Crew and preferred to have his lunch.





12.30 Lunchbreak at the "Fortezza" - people were taking pictures of us on our way to the "Fortezza" - that´s weird.


There we had a really long and boring break until 3.30pm but at least a nice free- lunch with noodle salad, fruits (especially for Marystat) water and so on......

Back at the "Piazza Grande" we were told to "boo" when Robert would came down from his hotel because of the happening in the morning.


Marystat and I decided not to boo and I was thinking that this was really rude and unprofessional.

Marystat was pissed off too.


Now we were placed in the street which leads from the "Piazza" to Robs hotel.


Some of the "Extras" got little red flags. And only a small group was choosen for this shot. Marystat was also in.


After some re-arrangement we had to go 3 steps forward and then we noticed that Kristen and Robert came down the street from the hotel.





So that meant that they were going directly behind the "Extras" (3m away from me). Both wore the same clothes.

I felt again that nervous "thing" in my stomach.




After them followed Charlie Bewley. He looked relaxed and talked with the "Extras".


Again the kissing scene was shot but from another viewing angle
We were told to look at the church wall... same as in the morning ;-)

I saw Kristen running from the fountain to the entrance of the main hall and again heard her shouting "No, Edward, don´t"


I had to take a look and there he stood....only steps away........I saw him standing in the entrance only wearing his black jeans and with his 6-pack.......



GORGEOUS AND BREATHTAKING



He had again his white make-up on but now he had also black dots on his face. But never mind.


My knees were getting weaker and weaker and I didn´t understand how Marystat was able managing that because she was a few steps nearer than me.





This shot was made 4 times and Kristen was breathing hard. Once I overheard nearly the whole dialogue again.



Then Robert had to act alone just speaking to the fluffy microphone (hihi....).


First he looked straight into the camera with pain in his face, then he looked to the side in a more relaxed way till he made his perfect "Edward-smile".


He did this twice and I can´t get enough of that. He was still shirtless.





Robert and Kristen joined Chris in a black tent for checking the last shoots. Robert was smoking and Kristen allready listening to her Ipod.


Both were now in a better mood than in the morning and Robert tousled a few times his hair (I love that)

Then all of them went into the main hall and we were told to sit down on the stairs again.


After a few minutes Kristen came out first and ppl started to scream and clapped. Kristen looked around in a shy way and clapped and waved back.


It seemed like she wanted to say "stop this, it´s nothing special but thank you"


She went up the alley to their hotel and then came Rob.





More screaming and clapping but Marystat and I can´t believe it some ppl did as they were told and booed.


Marystat and I were clapping and cheering for Rob and HE smiled in our direction.........


It was his "Edward-smile" - nothing left so say.





Robert finished shooting and went to the hotel too.



Then a scene with Kristen alone was shoot. Again the running scene through the crowd.

This time Marystat and I placed ourselves near the fountain and we made a good choice.


After running through the crowd breathless Kristen stopped several times 1m behind us and finally asked "Was this ok?"


She was really running fast and had to push ppl out of her way.







During a short break we were trying to get to the coffee because we wanted to check whether Vampirefreak101 was there or not.


And there we found her. She managed to take a picture of us wearing the red capes.


This girl is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!


But after a few seconds the Security told us to go back because we were not allowed to get this far away.



We had to go back to the (now so well known) stairs. After shoutings for Chris he came to the stairs and hold a short speech - that was really nice.


Then we made some group photos with all the staff and the yellow Porsche with the German number plate.


Both stunt doubles joined the crowd also and more and more pictures were taken.



19.30 finished for today




Back at the "Fortezza" we were asked to come back again the next day at 5am - of course we do.

Marystat, Vampirefreak and I had dinner together in a restaurant next to the hotel of the crew. At least Vampirefreak101 had a good day too.


She overheard some strange rumours Rob and his contract and so on.



Back at the farmhouse at 23.30



































































































































































1 Kommentar: